Environs and tips for trips
The surroundings of the guesthouse Uko
The facility of the guesthouse is situated in Bedřichov in the protected natural area of the Jizera Mountains. The guesthouse is accessible for the whole year by car and public transport on the roads in the direction from Liberec, Jablonec nad Nisou and Smržovka.
Following services for public are offered in Bedřichov:
- Alpine rescue service - is based directly opposite the (lower) car park. Non-stop telephone number is 00420 483 380 073.
- information centre
- 2 parking places (in the centre and in Maliník)
- 2 grocery shops
- a shop with sports goods
- skis and bikes hire service
- 2 restaurants (+ another intended to be in the guesthouse Uko)
- bowling centrum
- tennis courts in the facilities of the sports stadium
- an open air natural pool
- observation tower Královka
- the Church of St. Antonín Paduánský (St. Antonio di Padova)
- The Jizera skiing trail - over 100 km of machine treated cross-country skiing tracks
- skicomplex Bedřichov - ski slopes (8x easy, 2x middle-difficult), 8 ski lifts, the most popular is piste Malinovka
- net of tourist routes and cycle paths
- ski buses and cycle buses are available
Tips for the trips
In the surroundings of Bedřichov the dense net of marked tourist routes (the Jizera routes for hiking) offers many places of interest on each step - observation towers, dams, gravestones, former glass factories, natural reservations, .... All of it will make an unforgettable experience from the trip to the Jizera Mountains.
The main dominant of the district - Ještěd - situated on the Liberec boarder of the Jizera Mountains offers a spectacular view of interesting places - Podještědí, the Czech Paradise, Pojizeří, the district Česká lípa, ...
The guests of Bedřichov can experience the cultural sides of neighbouring cities (Liberec - 10 km, Jablonec nad Nisou - 7 km) which offer a rich programme of the theatre, cinema, library, gallery, museum, entertainment and recreation centre. Families with children will certainly appreciate zoological and botanical gardens which offer an extraordinary experience. Castles and other sights of historical interest, perfect as a trip destination in summer time, are to be found in the district.
What’s more, Bedřichov is also an excellent starting place on the way of recognition of the Euro region Nisa (united regions of Germany, Poland and the Czech Republic) and nearby Giant Mountains.